The High School Counselor functions as a primary student advocate within the school community by challenging, encouraging, and supporting students. Counseling services include individual and group counseling, conferences with students, parents and faculty, student assessments, college and career information, consultation and referral services. On a day to day basis I am also available to deal with crisis situations that need immediate attention.
Believe it or not you're in high school right now, you're at a great point in your life. You have you're whole life in front of you. And now is a good time to start thinking about your future and start making some initial plans!
As you start thinking about your educational and career paths, here are 10 things to remember in the days to come.
1. Take time to think about what you like to do; dream and imagine ideal careers.
2. Challenge yourself in high school, but don't overwhelm yourself.
3. Work, volunteer, or otherwise gain some experience.
4. Get as much information as you can!
5. Talk to as many adults s you can about careers and colleges.
6. Remember that everyone should follow their own paths in life.
7. People change; so don't feel that you have to lock yourself into any college or career.
8. Don't let anyone control your dreams and ambitions.
9. It's never too late nor too early together organized and begin making plans.
10.Never stop learning..read, grow, and expand your mind!